Hi Everyone --
It's been quite a week. I know everyone has those times of their lives -- when everything breaks. Well, it seems that that's our time now. We did get the geyser back in and it was working fine until it exploded again today. Doug thinks it just needs a new hose (one that is not old and brittle) and it will be fine again. Why does it always explode on me???
The telephone is still not working, and I can't get the company to give me a complaint number because my "details" are not up to date. Would they let me update my details? Nooooooo. What can I do? Send an email. OK. The email doesn't go through to their account. It must be my problem. The bottom line is, no phone service.
I had the drier repairman come on Friday. He looked it over and said that it was too old and there were no parts in Pune to fix it. It is an old Bosch (from Germany). The nice man said it looked like English writing on the machine, but he couldn't read it. Well, I can't either because it's German.
The TV dish went out. I called the office and the girl helped me through the menu and we reloaded from here. No one had to come, I just did it from home. When I asked her to speak slower, she put her mouth closer to the microphone so I could hear better.
Good things to think about and enjoy:
The solar tank on the roof is working nicely and we have hot water on demand 24 hours a day!
The Internet is working fine!
The power doesn't go off as much during this cool season!
The microwave and counter top oven are working!
Now I'm afraid to mention anything because it will break next!
We are beginning to think about our next vacation -- What a life!
Cairo is on hold until next fall, so we are looking at China. We just need to fine the right packages and flights to match our budget.
It's nice to have something to look forward to.
Have a great week.
Love, Lucinda
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















1 comment:
You forgot that one of the blessings of all of these problems. Now you can play tile games every night!
Post a Comment