Hi Everyone --
It was another rough Sunday here -- only 4 again for church. Oh well, we will have to wait a bit longer for our branch in Pune.
Hannah and I have been getting ready to leave for weeks. She has packed a number of times and taken it all out and repacked it. I got my "treasure" suitcase packed, but it needs a few more things in it before it's ready. Doug is worried it will be over 50 lbs. I hope it isn't!
We got the brown bridesmaids dresses this week. Hannah tried hers on it will be great. The tailor did a wonderful job and they are all marked with the girl's name who has those measurements. Talk about custom made! I got my dress from a different tailor. It fits great too. I forgot to tell him to put a zipper in, but it's ok. The thing I'm worried about most if that the wedding is in the 7th week of our trip, and there's not much room for expansion in the dress. I'll really have to watch what I eat and exercise plenty!
We took Doug's suit back to the tailor to get some adjustments made. He seemed to think it wasn't any problem to make the shoulders wider and the crotch longer. I guess that's why he's the professional.
I broke my oven this week. I tried to switch the middle knob for the upper knob and all the pieces behind the panel fell off. We tried to put it back together, but that didn't work at all. I had to take it to a service center and have them look at it. The first guy was convinced that it needed a new thermostat. I told him it just needed to be connected back together because I had pulled it all apart. They didn't call me, so I went back on Saturday and they said it was ready. It was 150 rupees (about $3.75) to get it done. I'm glad we got it back before Hannah and I left for the US. Who knows where it would be in 8 weeks!
I guess that's it for here. Doug says he will miss us while we are gone. I think the time will fly by quickly. We will miss him too.
Have a great week!
Love, Lucinda
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment