Hi Everyone --
Another week in India has gone by. Time seems to really fly by fast -- not just for me, but for my housekeeper and floor cleaner as well. And we just seem to do the same things all the time.
We were able to get out to lunch a couple times this week with the ladies. All are back now -- for the time being. I guess I'll be the next to go when we leave for Israel for 11 days. Then it will be hit and miss all summer with people coming and going for home leave.
I was invited to a grandparents tea at the pre-school by Anna. One of the John Deere families has a little girl that is 4 and she needed a grandma to go to this event with her. It was very fun -- we tossed balls in a crate, tossed the ring around the prize, played bingo, danced, played with a parachute, made 2 arts and crafts projects, and had "tea." Tea was cake, cookies, chips, Indian sandwiches, and another type of typical veg Indian snack. We just ate the cake and chips and drank Tang. Anna and I are a lot alike! We had a good time and so did all the grandparents there.
Doug's work is going fine -- but there always seems to be some conflict of some kind. I think it is the difference in culture -- between American and Indian. There needs to be some give on both sides.
Hannah's school is coming along. She is getting lessons done every week for each class. BYU Independent Study called Amber this week to get a message to us. It seems like the long way around, but we took care of it. We're still waiting to hear from the Independent Study department to know if Hannah has been accepted into the program and what classes she needs to take. I suppose I will have to call them this week. 
They were doing some work on the road in front of our house this week. Doug got some pictures of their equipment and technique. You will not the tar in the 50 gallon will with a fire underneath to melt it. Sometimes they use wood, and sometimes they burn the tar itself - very aromatic. It's amazing that anything gets accomplished around here.
Have a great week!
Love, Lucinda
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















2 comments:
I was wondering if they use the tin watering can to spread the tar around. Are they cleaning out your sewage? Does it have anything to do with those big pipes they had at the end of your street down by the restaurant on North Main?
No. They put in the big pipes under the street perpendicular to the road, but the didn't connect on either side of the road to anything. We never did figure that out. Our sewer did not get cleaned out again. We figured once in a lifetime is the maximum for that perk. They don't use a watering can -- but I bet if someone thought of it, they probably would. I do know they used the brush end of a push broom and swept the whole street by hand. The woman doing that did it with grace in her sari.
Post a Comment