Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hi Everyone --

This was our week to pick up our new (old) trunk. We drove out there yesterday and guess what -- it wasn't done! He wanted me to come back on Sunday and pick it up. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the mood to be pushed around, so I told him I had no driver on Sunday (which I don't) and I wouldn't come on Sunday anyway. He said I could come back on Monday. The thing was, the trunk was to be finished on Feb. 28, when we would pick it up. He said he would have it delivered for 200 rupees. No way was I going to pay that. They messed up, I paid plenty of money for the trunk, they would just have to take a hit on the delivery. They got my driver from outside and tried to get him to come and get it another day. He was strong and talked long and hard! They said they would deliver it Monday at 11 a.m. I got a call about 30 minutes ago and they are going to deliver it tonight at 8 p.m. I have to assume they know what good business practice is. They certainly know what good bargaining skills are. They will just have to work it out.

We had 6 at church today. We had a visitor from the United States. He used to live next door to John and Kay Percival in Kaysville, UT. The missionaries were here in Pune on Friday, teaching lessons. They ran out of time so we didn't get to meet them. Too bad -- they missed enchiladas, homemade bread, homemade salsa, fresh strawberries and ice cream and Legolas Blond Brownies. The missionaries will be back at the end of the month to teach Joy.

We went to see "Benjamin Button" yesterday. That was an interesting, a little risque (and long) movie that gave us lots to think about. The hoopla in India is still about "Slumdog Millionaire." I wonder how many weeks they can keep that going on TV and in the newspapers. It's been at least a month already.

We are still trying to work out our vacation. Time is getting close. We need plane tickets, visas, and our tour package. No problem!

I hope you enjoyed our popsicle people. I finally got around to making all the new additions to the family. I had 9 new ones to make and it took at least a couple of hours. We still have plenty of room for families to expand!

Have a great week!
Love, Lucinda

2 comments:

Amber F said...

We have decided to meet you in China for vacation! I hope you don't mind. We have even learned a chinese phrase "Nee hao!" As you can see, we're all ready and raring to go!

Michelle said...

Hannah - Thanks for pointing Michelle to the webpage of Middle Earth Cooking Delights. The Cheesy Calaquendi Soup was delicious! It kept us warm through all our mystical journies to find our destiny this weekend. I also found out that I must be half elvan. This soup had no broth, and if that's what the elf-folk like, I'll fit right in.
- Ryan

Blog Archive